International Education provides system-wide leadership for strategic planning, policy interpretation and coordination of international education initiatives. International Education assists USG campuses with all aspects of campus internationalization, Study Abroad program development and international students and scholar services. The priorities and activities of International Education include:
- Advocating for international education within the USG system and at the Board of Regents
- Collecting international education data and sharing recommendations for best practices across the USG
- Providing structure and support for USG international collaborations
- Providing information and assisting USG schools with state and national funding grants for international initiatives and study abroad
- Coordination of the System Council on International Education (SCIE), the USGâ€™s international advisory committee, as well as, the Study Abroad and International Student and Scholars sub-committees
- Administering the USG’s J-1 Exchange Visitor program consortium
We strive to ensure that all USG faculty, staff, students and scholars are provided with opportunities to cultivate intercultural competency and perspectives by engaging with people, cultures and languages in order to foster global learning on each campus.